What does Reflexology do for you?
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Relieve muscle pain & muscle tension
- Alleviate and get rid of muscle spasms
- Connect functioning of nerves: unblocks nerve impulses
- Accelerate the process of healing injuries
- Induce deep relaxation and improve sleeping problems
- Stimulates serotonin, dopamine, endorphins, oxytocin
- Serotonin: balances mood and creates feelings of well-being and happiness
- Endorphins: create natural pain killers and reduce stress, anxiety, discomfort
- Dopamine: creates feelings of happiness, pleasure, comfort
- Oxytocin: facilitates the feeling of bonding, improving interpersonal relationships and feeling happy
- Improve blood and lymph circulation
- Flush out oedema / swelling (when there’s excess fluid retention)
- Cleanse the body of toxins
- Accelerate weight loss processes
- Reduces tissue congestion
- Aid recovery by helping the body to heal itself and repair (specially after surgery)
- Complement other forms of treatment and it can reduce dependency on medication and drugs
What is reflexology?
Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflex areas in the feet and hands which correspond to all glands, organs and parts of the body. These reflex areas are actually a direct reflection of the body.
By way of using specific techniques, reflexology stimulates the reflex areas in the feet and / or hands in order to cause positive reactions in the corresponding points of your body.
Stimulation of the reflex areas releases stagnation, i.e., blockage of energy within your body, which can be caused by many factors: stress, muscle tension, diet, life style, health conditions, unease of the body and slow flow of circulation, amongst others.
Once the reflexology therapist unblocks stagnation, the energy currents flow normally, allowing the body to return to harmony naturally & heal itself.
What are the effects and benefits of reflexology?
As a preventive health care and natural holistic complementary therapy, reflexology can have a very positive effect on all your body systems: muscular system, digestive system; endocrine system; cardiovascular system; skeletal system; nervous system; respiratory system and lymphatic system.
Reflexology is well known for stimulating the release of endorphins, which are the chemicals that are naturally released in the brain. Endorphins mainly help you to relieve the effects of stress and reduce pain. In large amounts, endorphins make you feel relaxed and energised.
Reflexology is also very well known for stimulating other hormones, which are popularly known as the happy hormones. These are serotonin, endorphins as aforementioned, dopamine and oxytocin.
All these hormones are essential to create complete homeostasis in the body: they balance our mood and emotions, create natural pain killers, help us overcome stress, anxiety and discomfort, stimulate feelings of happiness, calmness, peace, love and affection.
phone us @ 07719107178, or email us: email@example.com
We look forward to meeting with you soon,
We hold accreditation with UK Reiki Federation & FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists)
We hold membership of the International Institute for professional Coaches and Hypnotherapists.
Trained in Clinical Hypnotherapy by the Manchester College of Coaching & Hypnotherapy, training accredited by GHSC, HA & the IHA.