What is reflexology?
Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflex areas in the feet and hands which correspond to all glands, organs and parts of the body. These reflex areas are actually a direct reflection of the body.
By way of using specific techniques, reflexology stimulates the reflex areas in the feet and / or hands in order to cause positive reactions in the corresponding points of your body.
Stimulation of the reflex areas releases stagnation, i.e., blockage of energy within your body, which can be caused by many factors: stress, muscle tension, diet, life style, health conditions, unease of the body and slow flow of circulation, amongst others.
Once the reflexology therapist unblocks stagnation, the energy currents flow normally, allowing the body to return to harmony naturally & heal itself.
What are the effects and benefits of reflexology?
As a preventive health care and natural holistic complementary therapy, reflexology can have a very positive effect on all your body systems: muscular system, digestive system; endocrine system; cardiovascular system; skeletal system; nervous system; respiratory system and lymphatic system.
Reflexology is well known for stimulating the release of endorphins, which are the chemicals that are naturally released in the brain. Endorphins mainly help you to relieve the effects of stress and reduce pain. In large amounts, endorphins make you feel relaxed and energised.
Reflexology helps to…
- Reduce stress & anxiety
- Relieve muscle pain & muscle tension
- Aid the process of healing injuries
- Induce deep relaxation and a sense of well-being
- Revitalise energy
- Improve circulation
- Cleanse the body of toxins
- Connect functioning of nerves: unblocks nerve impulses
- Achieve homeostasis (i.e., internal balance) in cases of tissue congestion, which cause imbalance in body functions
- Aid recovery by helping the body to heal itself and repair
- Complement other forms of treatment; it may in the long run, reduce dependency on medication and drugs
phone us @ 07719107178, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting with you soon,
We hold membership of the International Institute for professional Coaches and Hypnotherapists.
Trained in Clinical Hypnotherapy by the Manchester College of Coaching & Hypnotherapy, training accredited by GHSC, HA & the IHA.